Sunday, March 25, 2007
Since the ultrasound is two LONG weeks away, I thought it would be fun to see what you guys think we're having! So pick boy or girl...
Make sure you cast your votes and see what others think too! We'll see who's right on April 9th!
*Post a comment and let me know which you picked!*
Thursday, March 22, 2007
Which got me to thinking. Actually this struck me today as I was doing the worst job in the world...Cleaning the bathroom...(by the way, I still would have to do this if I worked outside the home, right...or maybe I could afford to hire someone...umm interesting...Just kidding)
Ok, so enough with the rambling. These are the top five reasons that I love being a SAHM (stay-at-home-momma)
1. I'm the one that is primarily responsible in teaching them to walk, talk, and find their nose! (which Cameron has done...yes!)
2. I have the time to help Gavin beat the next level in his video game and was told, "great job mom" with so much amazement, that I actually felt my self esteem rise...what boss can do that?
3. When the weather is nice, I can grab the stroller and a bike and off we go. No time schedules to follow and hey, if we get a little dirty that's ok too. We have all day to play and bath and then play some more!
4. If we feel like staying in our pj's all day, we do it. AND if daddy comes home and comments that we are STILL in our pj's, we just remind him that he only points it out because he's jealous that he couldn't too!
5. I can use naptime to clip coupons and make a grocery list based on items on sale this week. That means that I actually make money on some items and save at least 50% off the grocery bill! Funny, but this actually gets me really excited!
Sunday, March 18, 2007
We haven't been up to anything real exciting lately. Normal life it seems. We went to the children's museum a couple of weeks ago and the boys had a great time. They both liked the water table, but there was so much to do that we didn't really spend a lot of time doing just one thing.
Last week, the weather was so nice (in the 70's) that we spent alot of time outside, taking walks and playing in the yard. It was great to open the windows and have fresh air. What a tease, it went down again to the 30's and out came the winter coats again :( I think it's suppose to warm up again soon and maybe this time it'll stick around!
Cameron had a BIG weekend! We decided that it was time to say "bye-bye" to the bottle so we quit cold turkey! I have to admit he is doing a lot better than I thought he would. He hasn't seemed to mind and only asks for his "baba" when he is sleepy. We just give his regular milk (which he hates!) out of a sippy cup and so far it seems to work. I just wonder what he'll do if he sees one. Probably tackle the kid and take it (just kidding!)Cameron also had his first haircut on Saturday...see pic below...bye bye sweet little curls!
This is the most recent "belly shot" It's getting bigger by the day! Officially, we will be 16 weeks tomorrow. We scheduled the ultrasound for the 9th of April. Hopefully we can find out whether we should be calling our little bean a boy or a girl!
Friday, March 02, 2007
We are expecting another member to our family. He OR she is due on September 3 (Jason's birthday!)...13 weeks down...so many more to go!
We are so excited to be adding another little brownie to the family tree. We are planning to find out the sex of the baby in April. I have already begun to pop out a little and even though I have done this two times before, I find myself amazed at this miracle inside of me. Please pray that this baby will continue to grow and will be born healthy. Praise God for the gift of life!
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. -Psalm 139:13-16