Monday, March 24, 2008
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Oh look, Grandpa found a.....silly grandpa
Look what we found!
Friday, March 21, 2008
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Monday, March 17, 2008
We have ALL (well everyone except Nolan...good ol' breastfeeding for ya :) have been sick last week. By sick, I mean stomach virus sick. Poor Cameron got it first and had it the worst. It always amazes me how much their little stomach's can hold. Everyone seems to be on the mend now. After a long weekend at home recuperating, I think we are all ready to get out to the world again.
Nolan is almost 6.5 months now. He is sitting up all by himself and gaining more and more weight everyday. It's hard to believe that he is only 6 months old sometimes. He has become quite the picky eater these days...it is driving me and Jason crazy. I mean, come on. Open your darn mouth kid! I guess that's what I get for saying, "oh you have a picky eater...just keep feeding him, don't accommodate him, he will eat if he is hungry..." YEAH RIGHT. I am eating my words this very day!
Cameron is talking more and more. In fact, it has gotten to the point where I can understand only about 1/2 the things he says. Usually I will ask for him to "show" me what he wants and I can figure it out. He is even putting 3 words together. Quite an accomplishment for a child that I thought would only say things like "dut" and "tis" for the rest of his toddler years. Gavin talked so soon and so well that I thought it was because of my excellent ability to parent. Apparently it has nothing to do with me. Each kid is so different..what? Really?
Gavin is reading quite fluently now. He is such a bright boy that I can only owe his intelligence to his father. I think he can sound out words better than me. Really. He really seems to love school, but on more than one occasion, has asked to stay home "sick" I guess that part of his intelligence comes from me. Don't worry, I didn't let him.
Jason has been busy at work. Busy with what, I really don't know. His job is very complicated to me because I really don't understand. Believe me, he has tried to explain it to me more than one time...something about designing parts for an air system on these really big CAT engines. All I think is....if these people were are smart as they claim to be, you would think that they could get it right the FIRST time it was designed. Sorry babe. I know that it is very complicated and requires lots of hard work and that's why your the engineer and I stay at home wiping butts.
HA HA. Ok. So yes my job does require alot of changing diapers (I have 2 in them after all!) but I would not change it for anything. I really do love to stay at home. Some days it becomes more than I can take, but most are rewarding. I have the opportunity to make a huge impact on my children and I love being there for all their little things. So even if I get paid with snotty kisses and muddy hugs I will still take it over a paycheck anytime (although if someone has some extra cash and wants to reward my efforts, shot me an email and we can work something out)
With Spring right around the corner, I hope that it brings lots of sunny days to get out and run off some energy. (My kids that is....I already have no energy) I have major winter blahs and with the tease of warmer weather this last week I am in some serious need of outside time.
Here's to warmer days and open window!!!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Self: "Oh...I have to have this"
Little voice: "NO NO...for what?!?"
Self: "for you know...a picture or something"
Little voice: "NO NO how can you justify this?"
Self: "I must have this...I will take pics of Nolan and...and...and...I know, put them on the blog"
So here they are.
Great huh? Maybe you can borrow this hat next year and take cute naked pictures of your baby, They just won't be this cute!
Monday, March 10, 2008
Go here first. This is the challenge. As a momma I know that I sometimes feel so overwhelmed. But when it comes down to it, God knows what I can handle and gives me the tools I need to persevere. That said, there are people, like Tricia, who have bigger obstacles to face, bigger hurdles to overcome than deciding, "what's for dinner" To a momma who can't be with her baby like she would love...but knows that there are thousands of people out there praying for that day....
Tricia, I can't wait for you to experience....
- Having to go to the bathroom with the door open or listen to a screaming child that can't see you
- Putting those newborn clothes away for the last time with a heavy heart because time flies too quickly
- Catching snot, slobber, etc with your hand and not even thinking about it
- Wishing that they would finally walk, talk, etc. and suddenly regretting the independence that they have gained and longing for that little baby, if just for a second
- Having them say "no, no mommy" while shaking their finger at you and having an "ah ha" moment because you realize you do it to them all the time
- Watching them sleep at night, just because
- Realizing their shoes and clothes cost more than yours
- Bringing home baby for the very first time and then thinking, "now what?"...it happens every time!
- Reading the same book so many times that you start "reading" without looking at the words
- Their tiny hands folded in prayer...even though they are plotting evil doings because everyone else has their eyes closed
- You little ones dirty head smell...ah...sweet! (OK, maybe that's just me)
- Answering, WHY, with "because I said so!" even though you swore you would never say that to your child
- Always worrying about them
- Getting them all clean in the bath only to have them poo in the water when you reach for the towel
- Having them take off their diaper and do horrid things with their you know what!? and then having it happen again and thinking that something must be wrong with this child!
- The first time they sleep thru the night and you awake in a panic and think that A)something is wrong with the baby OR B)you are so exhausted you must have slept through it
- Never having a date again where you don't end up talking about the kid and their latest musings
- Date, did I say that, what's that?!
- Holding your baby and having it feel right and perfect...just not the same when its someone elses.
- Never understanding what is so cool about bubbles
- All those firsts
- Coming to the realization that it's OK to feed them cereal for dinner and JUST donuts for breakfast, if only this once (you know I am not the only one :)
- Treasure all those pictures that they make and having to throw some of them away when their not looking...deep in the trash under LOTS of other things in fear that you might get caught
I admit...I am a little obsessed with their blog. Check it out if you haven't and make your own list!! Here's to you, Tricia, and all the things that you have to look forward to!