Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Blessings

I will thank you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High.
Psalm 9:1-2
-
I had such a great weekend! Being both Mothers Day and my b-day, it usually all seems to get crammed together into one big celebration. This year, however, we stayed in Lafayette and really enjoyed the time together. On Sunday, the boys surprised me with a beautiful card and even let me sleep in a little (by a little, I mean we were at church by 9:30!) Jason even let me take a nap that afternoon!!! Then, since the weather was so nice, we took the boys for a picnic in the park. It was so nice and relaxing and since Jason was there, I didn't have to chase Cameron around by myself.
-
On Monday, the boys woke up extra early (Happy Birthday Mom!) and went t0 lunch with good friends Melissa and Dylan (thanks guys). The best surprise was that Jason took the afternoon off work and spent it with me and the kids. We even got a babysitter and went out for a nice and quiet dinner.
-
One of the bigger surprises was my b-day gift. Jason got me an over-the-range microwave! OK, so some may think that it totally a guy gift, but I have been nagging him for months for one. He even shopped around to many different stores and scored this one on clearance....I have taught his well!!! We also ended up buying new flooring and paint for the kitchen this last week, so he has some major work to do now! I'll have to post pics of the progress.
-
Thank you so much everyone making my birthday special. The phone calls, cards and gifts were all very special to me. Its nice to know that your loved :)
Love,
ME

No comments: