Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Productivity

If you have been around me for any sort of time, you know that I HATE mornings.  I am a night person.  Love them.  Love the quiet.  I am motivated at night.  Mornings…not so much. 

Jason has had to be @ work by 6:30 the last few days.  DO you know what the means for me?  Gees, always thinking of himself.  No seriously, I feel bad that he has early mornings, but now I have to roll out of bed early and get Gavin motivated for school.   Do you know how hard it is to motivate when I am not motivated in the slightest??? 

Anyways.

I have been going to bed WAY earlier then usually.  It’s  the ONLY way I think I could survived.  And you know what?  I have survived.  I have been more productive because I have to be.  Funny thing isn’t it? 

Now don’t get it wrong.  Staying at home is hard work.  I mean I have to do things that I could be paying someone else to do.  Like clean pee off the bathroom wall for the second time in an hour. 

But really, I get hear story after story with each one ending….”isn’t that cool?”  Like, “I want to take Nolan outside and turn the hose on him.   Isn’t that cool?”

And maybe I complain and stress about things that really should be treasured.  I KNOW that these moments with my kids are fleeting, but who likes a kid who repeats your EVERY.WORD when they get in trouble.  I mean, seriously?  I don’t know whether to laugh at his cleverness to distract, or pull my hair out in frustration.

And while I am on to complaining.  What’s up with every time I get on the phone my kids start acting like hooligans. Gees.

Ok now I am way off topic.

Still with me?

Back to topic here.  Getting up early has it’s benefits.  Like actually being semi-productive in the mornings.  Call me crazy, but it’s nice to have a load of laundry done, email checked and kitchen cleaned before all the kids are up. 

Gavin is on fall break now.  I am sure things will get back to normal again tomorrow :)

An since this post really turned into such a random ramble anyways.  Here is what we have been doing lately.

Gavin is working on a school project.  Any guesses on what that entails???

DSC_3219

We lost power the other night for an hour or so.  My camera was the only electronic device that was charged and working.  Guess what I did for awhile. 

DSC_3016DSC_3030Did you know that if you did a kid scissors, you can keep them busy for almost an hour???  And guess what?  No one cut anything they weren’t suppose to!

DSC_3216

Keep them busy while I did this…..DSC_3217 Took forever to get organized, but it pays off big time. 

Last time I went to the store, I saved $58.00.  I spent $0.51 and got $3 back in printable coupons (Catalina's) plus a coupon for a free dozen eggs.

Now it’s way past my bedtime. 

No comments: