Friday, July 06, 2007

Happy 4th!

I hope you took time out on Wednesday to think about what the 4th of July really means. Being a past military family, and having Jason's brother over seas makes this holiday all the more personal. I find myself complaining about the little things in life and so often forget how good I really have it. A loving God, my family, a home, wonderful friends. I mean, just think about those who are less fortunate to live in a free society. Afraid to take your children to the park, say what you think, or go to the market to get food? Even those that are less fortunate in America have it better than in MANY countries. Never forget the sacrifices that are being paid for us to continue our own selfish way of living.

Ok, so I know that I am a few days behind. But I just wanted to share some of the things that we did the last few days. On Sunday (the 1st), our church held its annual community picnic. It is alot of fun...especially for the kids! They rode ponies, bounced in the jumpy things, played games, and rode on a hayride. Best of all, it was a great outreach for those in the community. The most exciting event of the day, though, was the grand opening of the community center. It seems like yesterday that we were breaking ground. Praise God for the opportunities it will give to help serve those in Lafayette. Check out the website http://www.faithlafayette.org/ministry6.aspx to see what there is to do there...if you live here, you should definitely think about a membership!
On the 4th, we finished painting the kitchen (yeah!) and had a cookout at our friends house. It was so muggy and hot; but as the evening wore on, it cooled off and we headed to Purdue for the fireworks. Cameron and Gavin both really enjoyed them! Here are some shots that I caught:

Oh, and just a cute pic that I thought I'd share :) Have a good weekend. Jaime

No comments: