Saturday, March 21, 2009

03.22

Get this. I went to the gym twice this week. Twice people. I am proud and definitely bragging. Yes, it may not last....Yes, it really sucks. But, it makes me happy that I am doing something for myself. I am way more motivated afterwards. The sunny weather is helping too. I think I was in a pit of self inflicted winter gloominess.

The kids have been playing outside no stop for the last few days. Maybe that's why I have been so productive?! It's heavenly to throw open the doors and throw the kids outside. I done my share of swinging and ball throwing in the last few days. I feel like I can breath again.

Jason has been working tons the last week or so. I feel bad because I have become 'that wife' You know the naggy, clingy one who is always complaining about work/family priorities. I am working on it.

There have been lots of long nights staring into his laptop screen. Poor guy can't get anything done with us around (read: can't I just say at work late tonight??) Poor guy also has a wife that hates mornings (read: doesn't want to take the young-in to school at 8am). This all equates to some negotiations. Basically, I am gonna have to drag my booty up and start taking Gavin to school so that my poor husband doesn't have to stay at work till 7pm to get his work done. At least this is *hopefully* temporary and at least it's warm(er) in the mornings now?

This extra stress at work has a halt to my wants and needs. Ok, I'm exaggerating, but I really want to move forward with 'my' plans. My plans involve lots of paints, glue and trim pieces. I'm the thinker and he's the doer. So, I'm stuck without a doer and it sucks!

Me: "When do you want to start on the kitchen"

Jason: "Start? 1990-Never"

Real funny.

In other news, Gavin lost his 5th tooth today. He's super excited for the tooth fairy to pay a little visit tonight. I wonder what time he'll pop into our room in the morning to share the news. 6am anyone???

We scored some great deals today while doing some random shopping. Toys-R-Us had free Thomas the train engines (12.99 value). Each boy got one. Total savings: $41

Target had their energy efficient light bulbs on sale this week for $1 (73% off). They were out. We got rain checks for 33 of them. Ha. So we don't think that we'll need 33, but it's better to over estimate then underestimate, right?

On a money saving note, I went grocery shopping on Thursday and spent $130. I saved over $160! I think I had $56 in coupon savings alone. Maybe someday I can put a little tutorial together to help those of you that don't "get" couponing. It's time consuming, but so worth it! There are lots of websites that make it super easy to link your coupons with store sales, which is the best way to go!

So basically this turned into the most random post ever. It's 12:40 in the morning and we have to be at church at 7:40. Nice.

Photobucket

No comments: