Friday, January 16, 2009

1.16

The day has gotten off to an interesting start. Cameron and Gavin were up bright and early giving eachother grief about this and that. Gavin was even on a hour delay, but still managed to be up and around at the same time. Funny how it takes him forever to get moving when he actually needs to. I have no idea where he gets that from......

They woke Nolan up too. Don't worry, I ignored him because I really want to sleep, even if it's only for 10 more minutes. Things then go quiet because the boys go downstairs with Jason for breakfast.....until he storms in the room and wakes me up with "we have a BIG problem"

Um, ok. I'm up in seconds to find that our kitchen faucet's pipe is frozen. Not cool.

All the other cold water was working, but we have no idea where the main supply gets shut off other than at the meter. (in case the pipe does burst and water come flying out!) A call to the water company tells us that we have to have one of their workers come and do that. Great.

Thankfully, a heating pad on the pipe unfroze it after an hour or so and things are now flowing properly. We're still not sure what were it froze, but it may have frozen from the spicket outside (right on the other side of the wall) and backed up into the kitchen one. We don't think it burst, but who really knows. Hopefully this in the end to that.

As we were 'waiting' it was hard to patient. But, I was reminded that God is still in control. Even of things like our stupid pipes!! I am thankful for the outcome!

My bible study last night went great. We really have an awesome group of girls! I am so excited about all the things I will be learning in the next few weeks!

I am planning on spending the rest of the day checking some things off that LONG to-do list. Hopefully, the boys will take nice long naps so that I can get lots done. Phone calls, especially, are no fun to make when they are awake.

Hope you all have a great weekend. I am excited that it is a 3 day one.

No comments: